The knowledge management specialist is responsible for promoting and utilizing the company’s knowledge assets. They work both internally through the company and externally with the company’s stakeholders and client. They serve as consultants to promote the oneness of each department of the company. They assess how information will be disseminated to each section in a smooth and systematized process.
• Identify the knowledge critical to the organization; looking beyond technical knowledge (‘know-how) to business-environmental, people and other knowledge categories (‘know-why’, ‘know-who’, etc.)
• Work with business teams to identify the individuals in the organization with knowledge in specific areas which are critical to the performance of the organization and enrol them in the process of managing that knowledge
• Coach the organization in the use of KM processes and tools
• As necessary, develop a suite of process tools for learning before, during and after, and a means of integrating these within the normal working practices of the organization
• As necessary, develop processes for capture, storage, validation, and retrieval of knowledge; both within the organization and externally with others.
• Prompt for, and facilitate, the capture of learning after all significant projects
• Ensure the knowledge generated within the organization is made easily visible, available, and useful to seekers
• Monitor the effectiveness, maintenance and use of the IT tools and systems as they apply to KM, and implement improvements
• A Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities
• Demonstrated interest in, and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs
• Ability to link content development and engagement approaches/techniques that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities
• Excellent facilitation, program/activity management, and written and oral communication skills
Click on the view more information button belowView more information
National Renal Care has grown and evolved into the leading total kidney and disease management organisation in South Africa. NRC ...
The CSIR has four vacancies for Cybersecurity Specialists in the Information and Cyber Security Centre within the Defence and Security ...
A unique opportunity to join a JSE listed financial organisation that continually delivers excellent results and growth that exceed all ...
Within Shoprite, a new Business Unit has been established to accelerate the use of data in improving customer experience and ...