A senior technical role which requires a specialist focus on production systems, workflows and processes encompassing the support, maintenance and project-based implementation of broadcast production workflows, systems and/or processes for use by a range of internal and external clients.
• Resolution of major and/or complex issues in the Production technical and/or operational realms
• Ensure that the Production personnel are able to perform their duties by assisting the Engineers in planning, and recommending the purchase, installation, and maintenance of all Production technical equipment, including new technologies intended to expand station capability
• Promote preventive maintenance as a strategy in maintaining the Production equipment by keeping accurate records on equipment indicating required and performed maintenance, performing periodic cleaning and servicing of equipment, and scheduling major repairs and services as appropriate
• Be the last resort technical internal resort for any issues existing in the Production environment
• Assist the manager and Engineers with administration by preparing supporting information for the selection of departmental budgets and documenting procedures related to technical operations
• Implement corrective and preventative maintenance of electronic equipment
• Ensure correct servicing and fault finding of equipment and network systems
• A Degree/Diploma in Light Current Engineering, or IT system equivalent .(MSCE, CISCO certified video engineer)
• Studio specific technology knowledge and/or education, SONY, EVS, LAWO, SAM, ROSS, VIZ
• A minimum of 8-15 years’ relevant broadcast experience
• Understanding of loudness measurement and monitoring
• Understanding of various video and audio file formats as well as SDI and IP broadcast mechanisms
• Understanding of Database principles
• Ability to work across various operating systems (Windows, OS X, Linux and Unix)
• Be able to design and implement production media systems and workflows
• Be able to configure and troubleshoot VLANS on cisco hardware
• Firm understanding of linear Production workflows, processes and procedures systems and/or IP production systems and technologies
Click on the view more information button belowView more information
National Renal Care has grown and evolved into the leading total kidney and disease management organisation in South Africa. NRC ...
The CSIR has four vacancies for Cybersecurity Specialists in the Information and Cyber Security Centre within the Defence and Security ...
A unique opportunity to join a JSE listed financial organisation that continually delivers excellent results and growth that exceed all ...
Within Shoprite, a new Business Unit has been established to accelerate the use of data in improving customer experience and ...