This exciting opportunity exists within the Information Systems Division based at our Support Office in Kenilworth, Cape Town. The successful candidate will form part of the Business Intelligence team, responsible for the provision of functional SAP BW support for customer requests (issues, problems and enhancements), as well as cross-skill into other BI technologies within agreed schedules through analysis, configuration, testing and training of system modules.
• Provide first and second line incident support to the business by analysing and clarifying the issue and resolving issues within the agreed operational and service level agreement (OLA/SLA) and communicating effectively to business users and colleagues
• Map and trace data from system to system in order to solve any given business or system problems
• Ensure all support knowledge for resolving incidents and service requests are up-to-date
• Document or update functional specifications for system developments to be done and work with developers and data engineers on requirements
• Establish the root cause of repeated incidents and recommend resolutions or procedural process changes to relevant stakeholders
• Share resolution knowledge and experience with team
• Configure approved system changes or enhancements in SAP BW
• Prepare test scripts for testing the configured scenarios and perform unit and regression testing of system configuration or development changes before releasing the changes to QA/Regression and Production systems
• Escalate issues timeously to the BI Support Team Lead for support when a solution is not forthcoming Ensure business compliance to processes and procedures
• Actively monitor processes (e.g. daily batch jobs in the system, LFL setup and other operational activities)
• Perform overnight standby Ensure alignment across SAP modules and any non-SAP systems
• Ensure consistency, completeness and clarity of own deliverables, and their acceptance by business stakeholders and BI colleagues
• Assist other team members whenever necessary
• Bachelor's degree or diploma in Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience essential
• 2 to 4 years’ SAP BW experience essential
• Exposure to a customer service environment preferable
• Understanding of SAP ECC data structures, interfaces to SAP BW and non-SAP system integration
• Understanding of Retail is advantageous
Click on the view more information button belowView more information
The IT Risk Specialist is responsible for ensuring that comprehensive risk management programmes are designed and implemented to identify risk ...
To build, optimise and implement innovative quantitative analytical methodologies, procedures, and advanced mathematical models that provide analytical support and interpret ...
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a creative, self-disciplined and self-motivated individual to manage the design, ...
Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
Define, measure, and enforce quality through efficient test planning, coverage, and a traceability through to test closure within a high-risk ...
Expiry Date 21 Aug 2022
Posted by Shoprite GroupView Full Ad