To manage the cluster of committees and council in reaching the strategic, operational and functional obligations. To assist the Legislature and executive management team in achieving the strategic objectives, financial obligations and operational requirements of the directorate and unit
• Overseeing, reporting and managing the cluster of allocated committees and council in the achievement of the operational goals of each committee and Council.
• Manage all financial aspects of the cluster of committees and council including asset management of the support staff of the relevant cluster of committees and Council.
• Prepare and manage the annual operating budget of Council and the cluster of Section 79 committees.
• Motivate budget and budget amendments to the Deputy Director Council and Committees for approval.
• Manage all staff related to Council and the cluster of committees, inclusive of leave management, asset management, attendance and discipline management.
• Procedural support to the Council and Committee Support Staff and Chairpersons of the Portfolio and Standing Committees.
• Providing reports to and from management, Council and the cluster of committees; providing management support to the department and cluster of committees.
• Degree in or NQF Level 7 in Public Administration, Political Science, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Governance or Management Sciences or any other equivalent and related qualification
• Minimum 6 years of experience in Local Government or Political Environment.
• 6-8 years’ experience preferred in leadership/management, of which4 years must be at middle management level or above
Click on the view more information button belowView more information
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The Executive Manager: Mineralogy is responsible for ensuring that the Division is managed in a ...
Employment The South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) is an independent, non-governmental, development and foreign policy think tank, focusing ...