We are looking for an Agricultural Economist
• Provide expertise for quality research and analysis in the field of agricultural economics, includingmacroeconomic development, impact of R&D on socio-economic development, economics of agricultural technology policy;
• Provide strategic advice with respect to economic trends and implications on ARC business in terms of research and commercialization of research results;
• Evaluate the viability of research programmes of the ARC, to support investment decisions and determine the impact of the ARC’s research and technology transfer effort;
• Contribute to positioning the Economic Analysis Unit of the ARC as a Centre of excellence in research;
• Mobilise internal and external funding for research projects;
• Contribute to student supervision, mentoring and peer-support of colleagues; and
• Publish on emerging issues in Agricultural Economics
• A PhD degree in Agricultural Economics or a relevant field;
• 3-5 years’ work experience after MSc or PhD;
• Evidence of ability to publish in agricultural economics or related fields of research;
• Sound understanding of the priorities and challenges facing the agricultural sector in South Africa;
• Ability to build and manage relationships with other researchers, as well as a wide range of stakeholders outside ARC; and
• A valid code EC1 Driver’s Licence.
A competitive remuneration package will be congruent with the scope, responsibilities and the stature of the position. The appointment will be subject to a positive security clearance and preference will be given to South African citizens.
Applications accompanied by covering letter, detailed CV (Including certificates, supporting documents, copy of driver’s license and nationality. NB: Non-RSA Citizens/work permit holders must attach
certified copies) as well as the names and particulars of three (3) traceable referees must be e-mail to [email protected]
SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who do not receive any response four (4) weeks after the closing date must regard
their applications as unsuccessful. The Agricultural Research Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles and processes of Employment Equity. The company has the right not to appoint.
The purpose of the position is to operate and control the plant in order to ensure the effective extraction of ...
The successful candidate will form part of the Horticultural Maintenance team, giving input into the maintenance & construction of landscapes ...
The successful candidate will maintain and develop EMS landscapes and facilities using various horticultural equipment, machines and tools in a ...
The successful candidate will assist the Horticulturist at the Environmental Management Services Department at Zwartkopjes pumping station with improving production ...
Challenging vacancies currently exist for four Ranger Corporal Positions at Addo Elephant National Park.
Expiry Date 17 Jun 2022
Posted by South African National Parks (SANParks)View Full Ad