Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Jobs In South Africa
•Sibanye Still water is looking for a Shaft Timberman
•Sibanye Still water is looking for a TM3 Electrician
•Sibanye Still water is looking for a Senior Surveyor UG
•Sibanye Still water is looking for a Supervisor Health and Safety UG
•Sibanye Stillwater is looking for a Superintendent Health and Safety
•Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position, based at the Port Elizabeth Depot. •The successful incumbent will report to the ...
•Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position, based at the New Germany Depots. •The successful incumbent will report to the ...
•Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position, based at the East London Depot. •The successful incumbent will report to the ...
AECI Mining Chemicals is looking to employ a SHEQ Co-Ordinator
Security and SHEQ Jobs overview
Security and Safety Health Environment Quality as the term used is one of the biggest departments in organizations that ensures the provision of one quality service to employees at large. This is one of the crucial departments in organizations because they make sure that all safety, security, health as well as quality measures are put in place. They try by all means to eliminate all risks associated with fire, robbery, outbreaks, and others to make sure that employees are working in the most appropriate environment. SHEQ management employees work directly on cross-department issues by combining processes, methods, and tools that are required to meet the goal of the department in a more interconnected structure.
Most popular SHEQ jobs
In choosing a career one may the interested in finding all opportunities to work as a ventilation officer but without full knowledge of what being a ventilation officer is all about. When we say ventilation officer we are referring to an employee who will be working more on being responsible for the maintenance of ventilation and work-related hygiene systems to ensure a safe and healthy working environment. Being a ventilation officer requires efforts and dedication but not forgetting the knowledge of environmental health. Meaning to say if one is interested in working in this area more efforts should be made in learning more about occupational hygiene risk as well as environmental health. The main focus of the ventilation officer will be on:
• Set daily, weekly and monthly ventilation and occupational hygiene routine schedules
• Maintain ventilation and occupational hygiene strategies and systems
• Conduct risk assessments, participate in audits and interpret and act on ventilation and occupational hygiene-related legislation
• Advice on changes to plans and schedules to minimize the effect of unexpected or unsafe work practices
• Determine the need for and assist in the development of ventilation and occupational hygiene procedures and standards including short term ventilation and occupational hygiene planning
The importance of security technicians is unforgettable and their absence can be easily noticed as they play a major role in ensuring that all security measures are put in place within a company. One of their main roles is to ensure that there is enough security in an organization through the implementation of security systems. In addition to that, security technicians should have more knowledge on CCTV, access control, alarm and intrusive detective systems installations, and programming. They should be able to run all that so that in the case of any danger they will get notifications. Meaning to say that they will need to install servers, computer networks, and security systems in the organization to certify the safety of company resources. The responsibility of a security technician varies with organizations. Below is a list of some of their duties and responsibilities:
• Installing security systems that include surveillance and access control systems
• Assisting with the programming of cameras, alarm points and other security systems
• Assist with user enrolments
• Troubleshooting and repairing of security systems
• Assisting in preventative maintenance
Loss Control Manager
These are the ones who define the absence of any type of loss in an organization. Loss control managers are there to foster communication at all levels with the goal of avoiding any loss either through corruption or theft. In addition, being a loss control manager require so much knowledge in conducting investigations towards managing any loss control which means that one may need to invest more time in understanding security risk management.
There are several roles they play but below are listed main duties and responsibilities:
• Maintaining the relationship between the authority and state security Agencies
• Conducting security risk assessments
• Monitoring the implementation of recommendations made by the Loss Control in all cases
• Monitoring cases of corruption to ensure that they are concluded effectively and on time
• Assisting in the management and effectiveness of business continuity plan.
Health and Safety Administrator
Commonly known for being active on supervision. Being a health and safety administrator then requires one to have leadership and good communication skills as they work more in contact with other workers from all levels. These administrators are then expected to document everything around the waste management side as well as covering the health and safety portfolio. After that, they then go for submission to management for review and overall compliance to standards and regulations. Meaning to say that they work with both general employees up to management with the goal of capturing any form of loss as well as ensuring safety in the organization.
Moreover, they play the following roles in most organizations but they aren’t limited to that:
• Capturing weight on incoming and outgoing waste
• Maintaining registers
• Preparing for audits
• Ensuring a safe and compliant operating environment
• Report on and investigate injuries and accidents
• Assist in the creation of Safety Operating Procedures
• Co-ordinate contractors including pest control and waste management